I'm planning what to cook for Christmas and I decided to cook one of my fattening favorite Filipino desert recipe...Leche Flan
And if you're interested to cook it...it's really easy. Here is the recipe...got this from a Filipino website. ^_^
Filipino Style Leche Flan
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Estimated Cooking time: 1 hour
Leche Flan Ingredients:
1 can (390g) Evaporated Milk
1 can (390g) Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or lemon essence
1 cup sugar
10 egg yolks
1. In a saucepan, mix the sugar and water. Bring to boil until the sugar dissolve/caramelize.
2. Pour the caramel into the baking pan or aluminun moulds(you can use any size or shape).
3. Spread the caramel in the bottom of the pan.
4. Mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla.
5. Then pour the mixture on top of the caramel in the pan/aluminum moulds. Make sure it's 1 to 1 1/4 thick.
6. Cover the pan/aluminum moulds with aluminum foil.
7. You can steam this for 20 minutes
* Pre heat oven to 370 degrees
* Place the pan/aluminum moulds on a larger pan half filled with very hot water.
* Bake for about 45 minutes
8. Let cool and refrigerate.
Cut around the edges of the pan to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the pan and turn upsite down.
And there you have it! Tasty Filipino desert...yummy... ^_^
If you have questions just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.